For most people, getting married is a big deal. You sign on the dotted lines; you declare your devotion and make a lifetime commitment. This is significant in so many ways, and thus couples place a huge amount of focus on the ceremony marking their marriage.
When it comes down to it, everyone wants perfection…
Planning an elopement all depends on what your idea of perfection is. Traditional weddings come with a plethora of options, but so do smaller intimate ceremonies like an elopement wedding. If you’re planning to elope, you’re probably wondering what you need or if you even need to plan. You do, and we’re here to help!
The Ultimate Elopement Checklist:
- Hire an elopement planner (inquire about an all-inclusive elopement package)
- Pick your date
- Pick an elopement location or venue
- Determine your budget – You’ll need to determine who is actually going to be paying for this elopement and how much you are willing to spend. Decide what’s most important to the two of you and what you consider to be a definite for the elopement, whether that’ll be paying for a venue or opt to spend some extra money on the perfect elopement dress. Making a must-have and maybe’s list always makes the process a lot simpler!
- Decide on your color palette, décor/design, bouquet and boutonniere
- Purchase a dress for the ceremony
- Purchase/rent a tuxedo
- Hire a photographer
- Organize your music (A singer, The ultimate playlist for your DJ or even your iPod and speakers)
- Book your flights (if you’re going away to elope)
- Book your hotel or Air BNB that you’ll be staying in (if you want a night away)
- Hire an officiant
- Choose an elopement cake
- Wedding bands
- Write your vows
- Acquire the marriage license
That’s it! You’re ready to elope and you or your elopement wedding planner have everything checked off to make your day even more perfect.